Web Design References
Web Design Glossary
- Navigation is the process of finding things in large or
complex information spaces, such as on websites. Its purpose
is to a help users find the content they want quickly. There
are many navigation methods to make a website easy to
navigate. For more information consult
- Negative Space -
Consult White Space.
- News Aggregator
- A software program the periodically reads a set of news
sources, in one of several
formats, finds the new bits, and displays the results on a
- Non-replaced Element
- In general, those elements whose content is contained in
- Information provided to help understand and implement a standard, guideline,
or specification. Non-Normative parts of a spec are meant to provide helpful guidance. For instance, examples or use cases can be used to assist in comprehension.
- Criteria that must be satisfied to conform to a given standard, guideline, or specification. Normative parts of a W3C specification are the requirements for conformance and are typically associated with RFC2119 keywords such as "MUST" and "SHOULD" and "MAY". Conformance to a standard means that you meet or satisfy the requirements of the standard.