To view general descriptions for all courses offered, click on one of the link below.
WRIT Course Descriptions (In the search form, enter "Duluth" for the institution and campus, and "WRIT" for the subject)
LING Course Descriptions (In the search form, enter "Duluth" for the institution and campus, and "LING" for the subject)
JOUR Course Descriptions (In the search form, enter "Duluth" for the institution and campus, and "JOUR" for the subject)
Course Registration Details
LOOKING TO ENROLL IN A COURSE THAT'S ALREADY FULL?
If the semester has not yet started:
Add yourself to the electronic waitlist following the same method as you do when registering for a course. Because the course is full, the system will prompt you to add the waitlist instead. Any seats that open due to enrolled students dropping the course will be given to students on the waitlist.
Remember, you will not be able to enroll in a course or add your name to a waitlist if you have not met the prerequisites for the course; you will only be able to do so if you have been granted permission under special circumstances.
If classes have already begun:
The Department office does not grant permission to enroll after classes begin. Contact the instructor for permission to enroll.
Please note the following:
- The Department of Writing Studies does not fill classes past the enrollment cap.
- Enrollment is limited to 25 for most 3000-level courses, and 24 for 4000-level courses.
- 3000-level and 4000-level Writ courses have a prerequisite of Writ 1120 and 60 or more completed credits.
- When an Advanced Writing class is full, graduating seniors will be given first priority to register from the waitlist if a seat opens up.
- Enrollment in online sections of the 3000-level courses will be limited to 20 students.