CASL - December 1, 2010
Present: John Schwetman, Stan Burns, Donn Brandstrator, Bruce Munson,Wayne Jessewein, Sue Darge, Jackie Millslagle, Shannon Godsey, Mary Keenan, Jerry Pepper, Julie Westlund, Arden Weaver, Julie Ernst, Nik Hassan
Excused: Bilin Tsai, Curt Phillips
The entire meeting was dedicated to discussion of the process of review of program annual reports. The steps include:
- Initial review by 2 CASL members using the Assessment Review Summary
- All reports from a program will be combined and scored using an assessment rubric.
- Shannon, Mary and/or Jackie, along with associate dean or other CASL member, will meet with the program liaison and/or department head and/or faculty and staff of the program to discuss the assessment process.
Most reports have been reviewed by one person; they will be divided and circulated to CASL members for the second review.
Several concerns/issues were noted with the current annual report form:
- First question - remove the words 'Program Outcome.'
- Clarify the questions regarding student samples.
- Add questions that let the person submitting provide clarifying information by selection or drop down menus.
Jackie Millslagle, recorder