CASL - January 26, 2011
Present: Stan Burns, Donn Brandstrator, Bruce Munson,Wayne Jessewein, Sue Darge, Jackie Millslagle, Shannon Godsey, Mary Keenan, Jerry Pepper, Julie Westlund, Julie Ernst
Excused: John Schwetman, Nik Hassan
Absent: Arden Weaver, Curt Phillips
Jackie distributed the information submitted as our semi-annual Assessment Academy update.
Shannon distributed a report on assessment activity, including numbers of missing plans, missing reports, the reviews completed on submitted reports, and review meetings scheduled or ready to schedule. She asked for input and led a discuss with CASL members on the format of the meetings with programs, questions that should be asked, etc.
Associate deans agreed to remind programs who haven't reported and we set an absolute deadline for submission of Feb. 15. After that date, no further attempts to get reports will be made, but we will emphasize the next cycle.
General discussion followed with regard to our spring activities.
- Jackie will invite Paul Treuer to discuss folio thinking as background to any discussion about ePortfolio as a component to our assessment system.
- Stabilize our processes
- Research best practices, including case studies of public institutions road to effective assessment systems.
- Determine summer workshop ideas; perhaps a workshop designed specifically for CASL.
- Explore ways to incorporate faculty scholarsly research in the assessment process.
- Strategies to get faculty to recognize value of assessment for their programs.
Jackie Millslagle, recorder