You are here
What we offer
Three eight-week terms during the year offering over 40 humanities-centered study groups including current events, history, philosophy, science, art, poetry, literature, exercise, and other topics of interest for adults in pre-retirement and post-retirement years. The US Lecture & Journey Jargon Series offers monthly lectures given by University of Minnesota faculty and community experts on a variety of topics as well as US members presenting and discussing travel experiences.
Sharing Across Generations (SAGE) offers inter-generational challenges and volunteer options for US members with traditional UMD students and the Duluth community. You can volunteer to lead study groups, assist the study group leaders, serve on the US Council or the many committees such as Arrangements, Outreach/Marketing, Special Events, and many more!
There are are variety of special events and social activities featuring local tours, museum visits, luncheons, and theatrical.
- Up to 10 study groups per term
- DTA/STRIDE passes for transportation to and from US study groups and activities (link this to our “getting to campus url which talks about this membership benefit)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) for members only
- Priority participation in special events
- Access to the University of Minnesota Duluth Library
- Affiliate membership rate to access the UMD Recreational Sports facility
- Discounted rates to cultural events on campus
Become a Member
Membership is $140 per term or $370 for an annual membership (fall, winter, and spring terms). A fall term membership may be upgraded to an annual membership during winter registration.
Membership is available three times each year when registration for the terms (Fall, Winter, and Spring) occur. To join, register online, download a printable pdf document, or call the office at (218) 726-7637.
Gift Memberships are available!
A membership with University for Seniors is a great gift for those who “have everything.” All that's required is to call the office and purchase the gift membership. The recipient will select classes to attend during the specific registration period. To purchase a gift membership, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office.