You are here
UMD's Group Visit Programs are campus visits for high school student groups, transfer students, sports organizations, or local community groups of eight of more people. The two-hour program includes an information session hosted by an Admissions Counselor and a student-led campus tour. Review the information and steps below for more details and to request a visit program for your group.
While we always enjoy hosting student groups on campus, we have a few requirements to be aware of as you make your reservation:
- Tuesday and Wednesday mornings are the preferred visit day for Group Visits. It is difficult for our office to accommodate large groups (20 or more) on Mondays or Fridays.
- The priority of visits will be awarded to groups that are in 9th-12th grade or transfer student groups. Then 6th-8th grade groups affiliated with a college-bound organization (Gear Up, Get Ready, AVID, Upward Bound, etc.).
- There must be at least one chaperone for every ten students.
- Reservations are required and must be made at least two weeks in advance for groups of 65 attendees or less. For groups that are larger than 65 attendees, at least four weeks are required for reservation.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled visit. Due to our volunteer students' class schedules, we cannot accommodate groups that arrive late. Groups that arrive after their confirmed visit time are subject to adjustments to their itinerary or cancellation of scheduled sessions.
If your group has any additional requests for your visit beyond the general admissions presentation and campus tour, you must complete your registration at least four weeks in advance.
A discounted rate to eat lunch in our Superior Dining Center is available per request.
Please contact the Office of Admissions Visitor Center at 218-726-8504 or email@example.com if any member of your group needs special assistance.
To submit a request for an available UMD Group Visit, complete the request form. Do not register for more than one date unless you are planning multiple visits. Please note that submitting a Group Visit request does not guarantee availability. You will receive a response within seven business days verifying that you have successfully submitted your request.
Please allow at least two weeks for our office to complete and process your request. For each request, we must confirm tour guides, space on campus and Admission Counselor availability. Once those requirements are confirmed, we will send you our Group Visit Confirmation Packet. The confirmation packet will include:
- Your visit itinerary;
- Driving and parking instructions;
- Group Visit participants expectation sheet;
- Student visit registration forms.
Once you have received the confirmation packet, please review it thoroughly. Return the requested documents to our office on or before your requested visit date. After your visit, we encourage your group visit coordinator to submit a Group Visit Evaluation Form to help us improve our program.
Group Visit Request Changes, Cancellations, and Rescheduling
If you need to make any changes to your Group Visit request, please contact our office at least one week before your event. If you cancel or wish to reschedule a Group Visit, you must notify us 24 hours in advance. Rescheduling a Group Visit requires submitting a new Group Visit request.
Please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions Visitor Center, at 218-726-8504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.