Student Employment Opportunity
How to Apply for Positions
To complete the official employment application:
Go to UMD's Homepage: www.d.umn.edu
- Click on MyU and Sign In
- Open a new tab and go to: www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/
- Click "University Students" on the left side
- Click Locations and select Duluth
- Positions with titles “On Campus Student Job, Student Job, or Off Campus Student Job” are designated student positions.
- There are two types of student positions: on and off campus.
- Off campus positions require the student to apply within the specified organization
- Click Apply and Complete Application
The Office of Student Employment highly encourages all students to attach a current resume and cover letter onto thier application. This allows the employer to screen applications and also is a good practice for students.
Please download our "How to apply" step by step process on how to apply and how to attach additional documents.
On Campus positions and Off campus positions:
On Campus Student Jobs:
Student Office Assistant for a department
- Student tour guide
- Mail room student assistant
Dining Services/ Food Court/ Center Court
- Coffee shop barista
- Buyer’s Assistant
- Front Desk Attendant
- Camp Counselor
- Life Guard instructor
- Children’s Place Student Employee
- Kirby Program Board/Student Center
Off Campus Employment:
- Personal Care Attendant
- Office work
- Customer Service
- America Reads/America Counts Tutor
- Community Service