You are here
What is your U Card?
Your U Card identifies you as a student, staff, or faculty member on the UMD campus. Your first U Card is available at no charge to you, and may be obtained at the UCard Office in Kirby Plaza, Room 127. Please bring your government issued photo ID and be prepared to have your picture taken.
Use your U Card for:
- Campus ID purposes
- Accessing your TCF UCard Checking Account
- Checking out library materials
- Entering the recreational sports center, computer labs, buildings and residence hall Dining Center
- Art and athletic ticket discounts
- Accessing art materials, student employment, business school services and more!
- DTA, FREE bus access for fee paying students
- Dining Dollars Program
- UMD Stores and Print Shop charges with photo ID
Since your UCard never expires, keep it even after you leave the University. If you ever return as a student, staff or faculty member, your card will still be valid.
Report lost or stolen UCards immediately! There is a $25 replacement fee for lost, stolen, or damaged UCards. A new photo is taken for each replacement.
If you have a TCF Bank account, please report lost or stolen UCards to TCF.
If you find a UCard, please return it to the Duluth UCard Office immediately.