1. Review the document “Child Welfare Defined” to ensure you have a clear understanding of the field of child welfare for the purposes of this program.
2. Watch the “Realistic Job Preview of North Carolina Child Welfare Work” and read the information provided at the link below---note—you will need to view this video to complete the essay portion of the application.
3. If after reviewing the document you are still interested in becoming a child welfare scholar, please do the following:ICWA SCHOLARS PROGRAM: Complete application linked below. It is the same application as the Child Welfare Scholars Program, with additional essay questions regarding American Indian child welfare practice.4. Send your completed application (for either program) and resume electronically to: Jensina Rosen at email@example.com. Applicants who do not submit materials electronically or in the proper format (see application for detailed directions) will have materials returned.
CHILD WELFARE SCHOLARS PROGRAM: The preferred application for submission is the PDF version of the application. In order to complete it, you must download the application in the most updated version of Adobe Reader to complete the PDF application linked below. Areas highlighted in red on the application are required for all applicants. It is highly suggested you use Mozilla Firefox as a web browser during this application process.
PDF APPLICATION: 2014-2015 UMD MSW Child Welfare Scholars Program Application
If you have trouble using the PDF application, please feel free to use the Microsoft Word application below: WORD APPLICATION: 2014-2015 UMD MSW Child Welfare Scholars Program Application
5. DEADLINE for ICWA Scholars Program: May 15, 2014
DEADLINE for Child Welfare Scholars Program: May 15, 2014
You may submit an ICWA Scholars or Child Welfare Scholars Program application even if you are still pending acceptance to the MSW Program or the Graduate School. Applications for the MSW Program are due May 15, 2014.
6. If you have questions during the application process, please contact Jensina Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218)726-7497.
220 Bohannon Hall
1207 Ordean Court
Duluth, MN 55812
1 (888) 534-9734
Did you find what you were looking for? YES NO