You are here
Center for Sustainable Community Development
- Mission: Helping communities achieve their environmental, social and economic sustainable development goals
- This project features a unique partnership between UMD’s Center for Sustainable Community Development (CSCD) and the City of Silver Bay, MN (links). The goal is to develop an integrated fish, plant and algal production system that will allow communities to create jobs producing their own healthy food and clean energy.
Natural Resource Research Institute (NRRI)
- To foster the economic development of Minnesota’s Natural Resources in an environmentally sound manner to promote private sector employment.
Office of Sustainability
- The UMD Office of Sustainability is committed to communicating, educating, and inspiring action to integrate sustainability into all aspects of campus life.
- Programs: Bike to Campus, Edible Campus Gardens, Energy Pledge, Sustainability Inspiration Awards, Green Revolving Fund, Student Organizations, What You Can Do,
- Operations: Buildings, Energy, Transportation, Dining, Land and Water, Waste
Sustainable Agricultural Project
- SAP@UMD formed in 2009 to institute education, research, and regional engagement around community food and agriculture systems in the western Lake Superior bioregion.
University of MN Research Links
- UMD Research
- U of M’s Environment and Sustainability Portal
- Natural Resources Research Institute
- Large Lakes Observatory
- University of Minnesota’s Institute on the Environment
- UMD Sea Grant
- Find an Expert from the University
- Looking for ideas for a student research project or internship? Check out this list of potential research projects.