You are here
2018 Photo Contest Winners Announced
Anyone who studied abroad during 2017 was eligible to participate in the contest. Finalists are exhibited in the UMD Northern Shores Coffee shop during the month of April.
We’re showcasing the photos and sharing them with the campus community, so everyone can get a glimpse of where our students have studied abroad.
Photos were narrowed down from 49 entries to eighteen by UMD International Programs & Services staff. The categories this year were “Culture,” “Places” and “Selfie.” All entries will be posted to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/UMDStudyAbroad
The top photo in each category was awarded a $100 prize.
2018 Photography Categories
Photos in this category are to portray your country’s local culture. It can range
from traditions, local people, the local scene, fairs, holidays, celebrations, festivals or other cultural activities that showcase your study abroad country!
Photos in this category are to showcase anything from nature’s beauty such
as scenic vistas to local cityscapes, monuments, architecture, or your favorite
point of interest.
This category is pretty selfie-explanatory, but we’re looking for a top-notch selfie of you in a unique location abroad.
Here are our Finalists:
- Rachel Wachtler | Study in Hamilton, New Zealand - Environment Sustainability & Journalism
- Chayse Moehrke | Marine Biology in New Zealand - Biology
- Maggie Furlong | API- Florence - Marketing & Graphic Design
- Rachel Haselwander | API - Florence - Marketing
- Mara Rosenwinkel | Study in Bilabo - Public Health Education
- Laura Brown | International Student Teaching- Slovenia - Unified Early Childhood Studies
- Rand Phillips | Belize Culture and Conservation - Geography and GIS
- Lauren Shomion | Exchange in Worcester, England - Graphic Design
- Christopher Timm | Language and Culture in Spain - Teaching Life Science and Teaching Spanish
- Marlys Pilarski | UMD Study in Perth, Australia - Industrial Engineering
- Paige Grondahl | USAC Gwangju, South Korea - Writing Studies
- Joe Wadding | Study in Hamilton, New Zealand - Geology
- Katja Kroll | UMD Study in Perth, Australia - Marketing & Graphic Design
- Jennifer Siv | Short-Term: Peru's Food Movement - Accounting
And the winners are...... (drumroll please)
Jennifer Siv | Worship of the Lamb | Peru
Rachel Wachtler | Mt. Cook | New Zealand
Laura Brown | Julian Alps | Slovenia
Congratulations to all the finalists and winners! Please stop by the coffee shop to see all the photos in person or check out the Facebook album.