You are here
Are you ready to meet your Success Coach?
Success Sessions are a free service provided to help First Gen Bulldogs develop strategies for successfully navigating college.
Success Sessions are one-on-one meetings to educate students about university-wide resources and develop personal plans to facilitate student success. Success coaching is an exploration and discovery process that enables you to see yourself from a fresh perspective. Just like a coach in any sport, Success Sessions help you perform to the best of your ability. Together with your coach, you will work to attain your goals.
Based on your needs, we can explore strategies for success which include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Transitioning to college
- Study strategies - Effective methods on how to study, methods for note-taking
- Academic planning - Developing strategies and setting goals to improve academic performance
- Time management - How to balance work, school, and life responsibilities
- Self-awareness - Helping students understand strengths, values, interests, purpose, and passion
- Campus involvement - Discovering campus offices, programs, and co-curricular opportunities to help you make the most of your UMD experience
- Academic and student support resources - Learn about resources available to support your academic, social, and personal success
To make an appointment with Emily for a Success Session coaching, please sign up here.