You are here
How to sign up for Advisement & Registration
Once you receive your invitation in the mail, you can proceed with the following:
This is your unique account ID that gives you access to U of M network resources.
- Locate your Student ID - found in your invitation
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe (do not share your password with anyone else).
- Write down your internet ID. Example: champ021
- Login to the MyU Portal with your Internet ID and password you created
- Click the Email link
- Check the 3 boxes to accept the terms and conditions for using Google Apps at the University
- Select the Duluth campus
- Submit form. Keep in mind, it may take up to 30 minutes for your email to be available to use.
- Write down your email address [your internet id]@d.umn.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your UMD email frequently - all information regarding Advisement & Registration will be sent to your email.
3. Select an Advisement & Registration session
NOTE: The registration link necessary for these next steps is included in your gold envelope invitation.
- Login with your Internet ID and password. Remember your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation
- Follow the reservation prompts to register for a session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
- Pay the non-refundable $80 confirmation fee.
- Note: a session date is not confirmed until the fee is received.