You are here
How to sign up for Advisement & Registration
Once you receive your invitation in the mail, you can proceed with the following:
This is your unique account ID that gives you access to U of M network resources.
- Locate your Student ID - found in your invitation
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe (do not share your password with anyone else).
- Write down your internet ID. Example: champ021
- Login to the MyU Portal with your Internet ID and password you created
- Click the Email link
- Check the 3 boxes to accept the terms and conditions for using Google Apps at the University
- Select the Duluth campus
- Submit form. Keep in mind, it may take up to 30 minutes for your email to be available to use.
- Write down your email address [your internet id]@d.umn.edu. Example: email@example.com
- Check your UMD email frequently - all information regarding Advisement & Registration will be sent to your email.
3. Select an Advisement & Registration session
NOTE: The registration link necessary for these next steps is included in your gold envelope invitation.
- Login with your Internet ID and password. Remember your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation
- Follow the reservation prompts to register for a session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
- Pay the non-refundable $80 confirmation fee.
- Note: a session date is not confirmed until the fee is received.
Spring 2017 A&R Schedule
Parking is in Gold Lot A. A parking pass is required for parking (this was emailed to you through your @d.umn.edu email address). Student Advisors will be located at the parking lot entrance to guide you to the check-in location. They will also have parking permits on hand just in case. If you park in any other lot on campus or at a parking meter, your car will get ticketed, so please park in Lot A.
Check-in is located in the Marshall Performing Arts Center (MPAC). Student Greeters and signs will be available to assist you in reaching the check-in area.
- 10:00am: Check-in (MPAC)
- 10:30am: Office for Students in Transition (SIT) Welcome
- 11:00am: College Welcome
- 11:30am: Student Lunch
- Parents move to the Parent Program for the rest of the afternoon
- 12:00pm: Advising Discussion
- 12:30pm: Registration
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm: Check-out
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm: Optional tours
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Extended OneStop hours for Financial Aid questions (optional)
Things to Note
- You will need to bring your UMD internet ID and password, a photo ID/driver’s license, and a laptop computer or ipad (if you have one available to you).