Advisement and Registration
You are here
Your Next Step!
Register for UMD Orientation
We are thrilled you have been admitted to UMD and we are excited to have you come to campus and register for your first semester of UMD Classes. Advisement and Registration is the next step to becoming a UMD Bulldog. Check your mailbox for your gold envelope invitation to Advisement & Registration!
How to sign up for Advisement & Registration
This is your unique account ID that gives you access to U of M network resources.
- Locate your Student ID - found in your invitation
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe (do not share your password with anyone else).
- Write down your internet ID. Example: champ021
Go to: www.umn.edu/initiate.
- Login to the MyU Portal with your Internet ID and password you created
- Click the Email link
- Check the 3 boxes to accept the terms and conditions for using Google Apps at the University
- Select the Duluth campus
- Submit form. Keep in mind, it may take up to 30 minutes for your email to be available to use.
- Write down your email address [your internet id]@d.umn.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your UMD email frequently - information about Advisement & Registration will be sent to your UMD email.
NOTE: The registration link necessary for these next steps is included in your gold envelope invitation.
- Login with your Internet ID and password. Remember your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation
- Follow the reservation prompts to register for a session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
- Pay the non-refundable $80 confirmation fee.
- Note: a session date is not confirmed until the fee is received.
Forgot your password?
You will need to contact our tech department (ITSS) at 218-726-8847 to reset your password. Ask them to walk you through the password verfication process. Afterwards, you will be able to log back in to register for your orientation date.
Attention International Students: You will NOT use this process to schedule for your classes. The International Student Service Office will contact you with the information that is appropriate to your program.