You are here
Take the next step to becoming a Bulldog
Register for Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to UMD!Orientation is the next step to becoming a UMD Bulldog and we are excited to have you come to campus and register for your first semester of UMD classes.
Registering for orientation and paying the non-refundable confirmation/orientation fee will confirm your enrollment in UMD.
High school students: $150
Transfer students: $100
Once you complete the steps below, select Fall or Spring start info in the menu at the top left of this page for information specific to your start.
Parents and families, you can find out more about our orientation programs here.
How to Confirm your Enrollment & Sign Up for Orientation
- Locate your UMD Student ID
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe. (Do not share your password with anyone else.)
- Write down your internet ID
- Log in to the MyU Portal at myu.umn.edu with your Internet ID and password you created in step 1
- Click the Email link
- Check the 3 boxes to accept the terms and conditions for using Google Apps at the University
- Select the Duluth campus
- Submit the form. Keep in mind, it may take up to 30 minutes for your email to be available to use.
- Write down your email address [your internet id]@d.umn.edu.] Example: email@example.com
- Check your UMD email frequently. Information about Orientation will be emailed directly to your UMD email.
Change your Email Domain (if you're transferring from or took courses at another U of M campus) Please see this link for information on completing this process. The process typically takes 24 hours or less, other than Friday-Sunday. If it seems like your request has not been received, or if you're not sure what to do, please contact the Twin Cities Helpdesk at 612-301-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to the Orientation Portal with your internet ID and password. (Your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu).
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation
- Follow the reservation prompts to register for an Orientation session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
- Pay the non-refundable Confirmation/Orientation fee.
- Note: a session date is not reserved until the fee is received.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our office at 218-726-6393.
Forgot your password?
You will need to contact our tech department (ITSS) at 218-726-8847 to reset your password. Ask them to walk you through the password verification process. Afterward, you will be able to log back in to register for your Orientation date.
Since September 1, 2007, the University of Minnesota Duluth has been tobacco free. As of July 1, 2014, UMD extended its no smoking policy to include a ban on the use of commercial tobacco products and electronic cigarettes on all University property.