Student Organizations & Campus Departments Proposal Process
Any Student Organization or other department that wishes to make a proposal to the SSFC will do so during the spring semester. Student Organizations and other departments who received funding the previous year will be contacted by the Vice Chancellor for Student Life no later than the end of the fall semester to inform them of proposal due dates and presentation dates. All other student organizations and other departments will need to contact the Vice Chancellor for Student Life to schedule a time to present to the SSFC
All Student Organizations or other departments wishing to apply for Student Service fee funding must have their proposals submitted no later than January 28, 2016.
The process is as follows:
- The student organization or departments will receive an email notifying them of their scheduled presentation date. This email will include the budget template and proposal template that should be used as well as any special instructions relating to the presentations. Both of these templates can be found at the bottom of this webpage. The SSFC requests that each Student Organization or departments presenting during spring semester submit this proposal template as well as financial data from the previous year, current year, and request for the following year.
- Each student organization or department will be given 20 minutes to make their presentation to the SSFC and to answer any questions the SSFC has at that time.
- The SSFC will engage in discussions and deliberations. The SSFC will develop questions and will either ask that the student organization or group come in for a follow up meeting to answer the questions or to submit the answers by email.
- The SSFC will continue to meet and deliberate during spring semester. The SSFC will develop final recommendations that will be made to the UMD Chancellor in March. At this time, each student organization and department that applied for funding will also be notified of the SSFC recommendation.
- Any student organization or department wishing to appeal the funding recommendation of the SSFC may do so by submitting an appeal to the Vice Chancellor for Student Life within one week of being notified of the SSFC recommendations.
- Appeals will be reviewed and funding levels modified (if necessary) during March. By March 31, the UMD Chancellor will submit the final recommendations to the University Of Minnesota Board Of Regents.
The SSFC asks that each organization use this budget template for their proposals. The organization may submit additional budget documents if they wish to provide further detail.
Each organization has an EFS account where the money allocations are transferred into. If you need assistance understanding the EFS system, contact your organizations adviser or the VCSL office (email@example.com).
2016-2017 Student Org and Dept Budget Template
2016-2017 Student Org and Dept Proposal Template