While we cannot give each of them the same attention you have, I promise the staff in the Office for Students in Transition are here to help them through. We will listen, console, push, challenge, help them examine their decisions and connect them to the resources they need.
Our promise to you:
- We will provide programs to high school students to have the opportunity to take college courses either in their high schools* (CITS) or on our campus (PSEO)
- We will provide programs that assist students with picking courses and introduce them to expectations for college and their major/college (Advisement & Registration, Bulldog Welcome Week, UMD Seminar, Transfer Students, Non-degree/Non-Traditional student advising)
- We will provide opportunities to gather socially, learn resources, connect with faculty and staff, get involved and expand cultural competencies (Bulldog Welcome Week, UMD Seminar, Transfer student)
- We will provide opportunities for leadership and job skill development in our programs: Advisement Advisors, Program interns, RockStars, Seminar Teaching Assistants, Front Desk Staff, Mentors, web programmers, graphic designers, etc...
- We will provide support and resources to students in crisis or who just need to connect with someone.
And for you...
We have Vince Repesh. He is your go to source for questions, concerns, advice and support. Vince is not the only person, the rest of us are also here to assist, but Vince is your first point of contact.
Lisa, Vince, Jen, Barb, Suzan, Nancy, Tory, Nicole