Welcome to UMD Bulldog Welcome Week! This extended weekend will be full of all sorts of great activities that will help you meet lots of people, get to know the campus and the myriad of resources available to you, ways to get involved in campus life, and a get off to a great start on your academics!
A couple of notes that will help you read and understand the Bulldog Welcome Week Schedule for you as an off-campus/commuter student:
- Rock Groups consist of approximately 15-18 new first year students lead by a current student leader. In these groups you will meet lots of other students, share meals, get to know the campus and have lots of your questions or concerns addressed.
- Bolded activities and times have REQUIRED ATTENDANCE for all students . Off-Campus and Commuter students are warmly welcomed to attend the Welcome Home picnic and stay for the evening entertainment, but the required part of the program for you begins on Friday morning. There is an Off-Campus and Commuter Student Welcome at 9:45 followed by 11:00 Rock Group Meetings. Please plan on staying for the whole day. If you want to attend the events on Thursday, please check in for BWW by the Kirby Ballroom between 9:00-4:00. You can also check in at the BWW Info table at the Welcome Home event.
- Grayed activities and times do not have required attendance.
- Workshops are one-hour classes that will teach students about UMD, the surrounding community, and subjects pertaining to their individual interests. Students will be allowed to register for workshops of their choice in early August.
- Parking is free in Maroon Parking Lots from 6:00am- 12:00 midnight until Tuesday morning, September 6. (All parking meters are enforced year round, however!) On September 4, parking passes are required.
Please see General Student Schedule for information on required and optional events. Please note that commuter & off-campus students are not required to attend Thursday, August 30th.
Note: Times and activities are subject to change.
Optional activities for all students, sponsored by Kirby Student Center, will continue through September 4 - September 11. For more information please visit the Kirby Student Center website at http://www.d.umn.edu/kirby/.
For further questions please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.