Bulldog Welcome Week: Tuesday, August 23 - Saturday, August 27, 2016
Incoming first year students are required to attend Bulldog Welcome Week events.To view information, schedule and signup for workshops, you will be asked to downoad the University of Minnesota Duluth Orientation 2016 app. We will send you information when the app is live.
Tuesday, August 23rd
- Housing & Residence Life Move-in from 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Check-in for BWW - 8:30am - 4:30pm in the Ballroom
- Don't forget to BRING your UMD STUDENT ID. You will need it to check-in for BWW.
- Late Check-in for BWW - 4:30pm - 7:00pm in the Ballroom
- Bulldog Preview BBQ - 5:00pm - 7:00pm in the James S. Malosky Stadium.
- Check your UMD email for the link to the ticket reservation form!
- BBQ Meal Logistics: The BBQ is free but tickets are required for guest and family members to eat. WE HAVE 3800 TICKETS AVAILABLE to guest and family members, so reserve your tickets early! Reserved tickets will be included in the BWW student check-in information.
- Incoming Students: DO NOT NEED TO RESERVE A TICKET for themselves. Their BWW wristband is their ticket. Students if you are coming to this event alone, you DO NOT NEED to fill out this form.
- Guests and Family Members: EACH guest and family member MUST RESERVE A TICKET to eat at the BBQ.
- Please note the following: Catering will have enough food to accommodate all incoming students plus 3800 guests total. Please accept our apologies if all the tickets are gone before you are able to reserve tickets for your guests. Any tickets that are given back to us (extra tickets no longer needed) will be available on a first come, first served basis at Bulldog Welcome Week check-in. Feel free to call us at 218-726-6393 or email us at email@example.com with any questions!
Wednesday, August 24 - Saturday, August 27
- RockGroup meetings
- Mandatory Events (see schedule)
- Social Events (see schedule)
What to Expect
Bulldog Welcome Week is a great way to dive into your UMD experience! During the long weekend, you will:
- become more familiar with UMD's academic expectations
- make many new friends including other new students and current UMD student leaders
- learn what it means to be a UMD Bulldog - introduction to UMD community expectations
- meet staff and faculty
- learn some tips for keeping on top of your finances during college
- connect with student organizations, campus activities and ways to get involved
- get to know the campus and campus resources
- explore the city of Duluth
- get connected to UMD!
More great activities for all students will continue through August 31- September 5. For more information please visit the Kirby Student Center website.