Congratulations! We are thrilled you will be joining us at UMD and we are excited to have you come to campus and register for your first semester of UMD Classes.
Advisement and Registration is your first step to becoming a full-fledged member of the UMD Bulldog pack and is mandatory for all students. Invitations for Advisement & Registration began going out to admitted students the week of October 17, 2016, so check your mailbox.
How to sign up for Advisement & Registration
Once you receive your invitation in the mail, you can proceed with the following:
- Initiate your UMD Internet Account. This is your unique account ID that gives you access to U of M network resources.
- Locate your Student ID - found in your invitation
- Create a password. Please view the tips on how to create a good password. Keep your password handy, but safe (do not share your password with anyone else).
Activate you UMD Email Account.
- Write down your internet ID. Example: champ021
- Login to the MyU Portal with your Internet ID and password you created
- Check the 3 boxes to accept the terms and conditions for using Google Apps at the University
- Submit form. Keep in mind, it may take up to 30 minutes for your emai to be available to use.
- Write down your email address [your internet id]@d.umn.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select an Advisement & Registration session
- Check your UMD email frequently - all information regarding Advisement & Registration will be sent to your email.
- Login with your Internet ID and password. Remember your internet ID is everything before the @d.umn.edu.
- Click on Complete My Orientation Reservation
- Follow the reservation prompts to register for a session. The session dates you will see are ones available to you based on your academic program.
- Pay the non-refundable $80 confirmation fee. Note: a session date is not confirmed until the fee is received.