Thank you for choosing the School of Fine Arts to complete your educational goals!
We look forward to assisting you during the transfer process and completion of your degree once here. We strive to treat each student as an individual and understand that "transfer student" can mean different things.
Whether you are:
- A recent high school graduate who completed a few semesters or more at a community college
- A recent high school graduate who started at a different university which was not a good fit
- A veteran leaving military service looking to continue your education
- Someone who wants to finish a degree started years ago
- A college graduate who is interested in earning a 2nd degree
- Have some other unique background...
We look forward to discussing with you an appropriate schedule, major and campus resourses that will set you up for success in SFA.
See our information about Equivalent Courses
DO MY CREDITS TRANSFER?
Prior to registering for your first semester, you will meet one-on-one with an advisor during your Advising & Registration Session to review how your courses come in to UMD and SFA. In the meantime, we encourage you to check out the Equivalent Course page for:
- A description of the course review process
- A description of the ways courses can transfer in to UMD.
- Coming soon: Program worksheets with guidelines for the most common colleges and universities from which students transfer.