Annually, University of Minnesota faculty are awarded over 500 million dollars in competitively funded grants and contracts. In addition, the University has helped establish more than 30 start-up companies over the last five years and now holds over 650 active technology transfer agreements with business and industry. As the state's primary research institution, the University receives 98 percent of all federally sponsored research grants awarded to higher education institutions in Minnesota.
The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) oversees all aspects of research at the University of Minnesota's five campuses, providing guidance to individual researchers and managing the system-wide research enterprise.
- EGMS, Electronic Grants Management System
- UMN System Research Forms & Tools
- UMD Research home page
- Office of Civic Engagement Mini-Grants
- Grant-in-Aid Research, Artistry and Scholarship Program (GIA)
- Office of International Programs (OIP)
- Annual Arts and Humanities Faculty Awards
- Office of Vice President for Research (OVPR) Intramural Research Funding
- Internal University of Minnesota Funding Sources
UMD Vice Chancellor for Academic Administration's page of Faculty Resources
- see link for University of Minnesota Tenure Code - Application to UEA Contract