Award Amount: $2,000
- Students must have a declared major in a discipline that provides adequate coursework for pre-medicine studies
- Students should have a career goal of becoming a medical doctor
- Students should be in either their junior or senior year of college
- Preference given to students with financial need
- Preference given to Native American students
Deadline: April 1 - no applications accepted after that date
When are Funds Awarded: Recipients are notified in August via email.
Summary: The purpose of the Dr. Alan M. Johns Pre-Medical Scholarship is to provide scholarship assistance to UMD Swenson College of Science and Engineering students who are taking appropriate undergraduate classes towards pre-medicine and whose career goal is to become a medical doctor. The University of Minnesota Duluth will use the scholarship to promote a diverse student body. In accordance with the donor's and Dr. Alan M. Johns' wishes, a plus factor will be given to Native American students.
Fill out online form below or download PDF to submit via email or mail.
For information on scholarships:
Contact the Swenson College of Science and Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-726-6994.