Award Amount: $2,000
- Students must have a declared major in a discipline that provides adequate coursework for pre-medicine studies
- Students should have a career goal of becoming a medical doctor
- Students should be in either their junior or senior year of college
- Preference given to students with financial need
- Preference given to Native American students
Deadline: March 11 - no applications accepted after that date
When are Funds Awarded: Recipients are notified in August via email.
Summary: The purpose of the Dr. Alan M. Johns Pre-Medical Scholarship is to provide scholarship assistance to UMD Swenson College of Science and Engineering students who are taking appropriate undergraduate classes towards pre-medicine and whose career goal is to become a medical doctor. The University of Minnesota Duluth will use the scholarship to promote a diverse student body. In accordance with the donor's and Dr. Alan M. Johns' wishes, a plus factor will be given to Native American students.
Fill out online form below or download PDF to submit via email or mail.
For information on scholarships, contact Carrie Sutherland, Development Director, Swenson College of Science and Engineering, 218-726-6995.