Award Amount: $1,500
- Students must have a declared major within the departments of Chemistry & Biochemistry or Mathematics & Statistics
- Students must require financial assistance
- Students must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who reside in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan (Upper Peninsula) or Indiana receive primary consideration
- Preference given to female students
Deadline: April 1 - no applications accepted after that date
When are Funds Awarded: Recipients are notified in August via email.
Summary: To provide scholarship support to UMD students in the Swenson College of Science and Engineering. In honor of Ione Thompson Goodman, according to the donors wishes preference will be given to female students, especially those who are strongly motivated to pursue a career in higher education in either chemistry or mathematics. Students must have a declared major within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry or Mathematics and Statistics, students must require financial assistance, have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Students who reside in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana receive primary consideration.
Fill out online form below or download PDF to submit via email or mail.
For information on scholarships:
Contact the Swenson College of Science and Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-726-6994.