Each semester, qualifying SCSE students are recognized for high academic achievement by being placed on the SCSE Dean’s List for Academic Excellence. A notation is placed on the qualifying students’ transcripts indicating this achievement. To be eligible for the SCSE Dean’s List, the student must:
- be in residence in the Swenson College of Science and Engineering
- have earned a 3.50 or higher semester GPA
- have completed all credits attempted in the semester
- have completed a minimum of 12 letter-graded credits in the semester
- have no grades of "I," "F," or "N" for the semester
Use pull-down menu to select a Dean's List semester:
SWENSON COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING HONORS
The Honors Policy, applicable to 2015-2016 graduates, is as follows:
The Swenson College of Science and Engineering has a policy that no more than 15% of the graduating class can graduate with honors. In SCSE there will be three levels of honors within this limitation:
Grade Point Average
In addition, those receiving honors must have a coefficient of completion of at least 90%.
Grade point average and coefficient of completion will be calculated on University of Minnesota coursework. In order to be eligible for honors, at least 45 credits must be earned at UMD.