Your Academic Help Desk...
SCSE academic advising helps you with your academic questions from orientation to graduation.
Role of our advisors:
- help you clarify your educational values and goals;
- provide accurate information on educational options, policies, and procedures;
- guide you toward an academic program in which you can be successful;
- acquaint you with campus resources that support your academic and personal success.
Students are responsible for scheduling, preparing for, and keeping advising appointments; seeking out contacts and information and knowing the basic requirements of their degree program. Students bear the final responsibility for making their own decisions based on the best information and advice available.
140 Engineering Building (map)
218-726-7585 | Fax: 218-726-6360
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Meet With An Advisor...
-> Before you can register for courses and to discuss your long-term course plan and progress...
-> To interpret academic policies...
-> Any issues affecting your academics - including your wellbeing.
Dr. Penny Morton, Associate Dean, SCSE
Email; phone (218) 726-6982
Janny Walker, Associate to the Dean
Email; phone (218) 726-7806
Wendy Jenkins, Assistant Academic Advisor
Email; phone (218) 726-7593
Rebecca Thelen, , Assistant Academic Advisor
Email; phone (218) 726-7726
Margie Helstrom, Student Support Services Assistant
Email; phone (218) 726-7584
- prepare a plan for degree completion that incorporates all requirements and considers testing requirements, application dates, upper division requirements, and entrance and exit requirements;
- read the catalog, course schedule books, program worksheets, web sites, and other available materials to understand University and college policies;
- meet with your adviser regularly to review the academic schedule for the following term and progress toward degree completion. This can help you understand any sequencing of courses within your major or other issues related to the integration of courses into a comprehensive program of study.