Are You Ready?
Here are some important next steps…
Step 1: Advisement & Registration (A&R)
Sign up for Advisement & Registration. This is when you become an official UMD student – you'll leave campus with your college ID and fall semester schedule in hand!
Step 2: Housing
Complete your housing application. Applications for the following fall are available beginning February 2. We start sending information about on-campus housing in mid-January. For guaranteed placement, housing contracts must be completed by May 1. More info available at d.umn.edu/mycampuslife.
Step 3: FAFSA
After 2013 taxes are complete, file online at fafsa.ed.gov and have the information sent to UMD (federal school code: 002388).
Step 4: Admitted Student Days (optional)
An admitted student day will give you additional perspective into what it's like to be a Bulldog. These take place during February & March. Check back for updates related to admitted student days.
Step 5: College Transcripts (if applicable)
Submit official transcripts for any college courses you've taken. Once all grades are posted, submit an official transcript to UMD Admissions. We'll take it from there to help you know how it transfers.
Step 6: High School Transcripts
Send your final high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions by July 1st. Information Regarding the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) . Name, address, email, dean's list, etc. are public record and releasable. Request suppression of this information or setup someone you trust direct access to your academic records.
Step 7: Bulldog Welcome Week
Attend Bulldog Welcome Week. Required for all freshmen, this crash course in getting connected kicks off with move-in day on August 25. Welcome week events start August 26 and continue through the start of classes on August 31.
- November 2014
- Admitted students can begin registering for Advisement & Registration.
- December 15, 2014
- Application deadline for scholarship consideration.
- January 2015
- Submit your FAFSA after completing your 2014 taxes.
- February 2015
- Submit your application for on-campus housing.
- February - March 2015
- Attend an Admitted Student Day (optional).
- March - April 2015
- Estimated Financial Aid Award Notices (EFAAN) are sent out to freshmen students for Fall 2015.
- May 1, 2015
- National College Decision Day. Recommended deadline to submit on-campus housing application and register for Advisement & Registration (A&R).
- Summer 2015
- Attend your Advisement & Registration session.
- August 25, 2015
- Move-in day for incoming freshmen.
- August 26 - August 30, 2015
- Bulldog Welcome Week for new students.
- August 31, 2015
- Classes begin!