Changing Your Registration
All changes to your registration must be officially made by the published deadlines.
- Cancelling a Course: If you decide not to take a course after you have registered, cancel it immediately online. You are responsible for applicable tuition and fees up to the date your official cancellation is received. Refund amounts are issued according to the refund rate in effect on the date of cancellation. See Cancellation and Refunds for more information.
For some programs you may not be able to cancel online.
- Changing Your Grade Basis: There is a limited period of time at the beginning of every term during which you can change your grade basis. Grade basis changes after the deadline are rarely approved.
- Adding a Course: There is a limited period of time at the beginning of every term during which you can add a course. Late registrations often require instructor permission and may require college approval.
- Late Registration Changes: Changes requested after the published deadlines require permission.
- To request a change after the published deadlines, fill out a UMD Petition Form.
- Obtain an approval signature from the instructor, if required.
- Submit your completed petition form to the One Stop Student Services.
- The University Studies Scholastic Committee will review your request and you will receive written notification via e-mail of the Committee's decision within seven working days.
- For additional information, see One Stop or contact the Students in Transition Office to discuss applicable policies, procedures, and deadlines