After You Register
Initiate your University online account
- When you register, you will be assigned a University e-mail account. Initiate your UMD student account as soon as possible after you receive your student ID number. Your student ID number is listed on your Enrollment Summary.
- Your U of M online account allows you access to resources, including your online record, UM Pay (the online payment system), and more. Also, all official U of M communication including class changes, billing, and other important information will be sent to this account. Check your U of M e-mail account regularly.
- If you have problems with Internet access or e-mail, call the ITSS Tech Center at 218 726-8847.
Pay your bill
- You will not receive a paper bill for your tuition and fees. An e-mail notice will be sent to your University e-mail account when your online billing statement is ready.
- As a non-degree student, you must pay all charges, in full, by the first billing due date of the term. Full payment must be received (not postmarked) by the billing due date. Students whose courses are canceled due to non-payment may have a hold placed on their record to stop future non-degree registration.
- For complete information about billing and payment, including where and how to pay, see Pay UMD.
Familiarize yourself with University policies
All students must follow University policies concerning academic work and student life.
- Attendance at the first class meeting is required or you may lose your seat.
- All students are expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress. Progress is reviewed following every fall and spring semester, and is considered satisfactory when both your term grade point average (GPA) and your cumulative GPA are 2.0 or above.
- Other important policy resources
Obtaining a U Card
Student ID cards, or U Cards, are not required, but you will need one to access many things on campus, such as the libraries, computer labs, and recreational facilities.
Explore UMD services and resources
Review UMD services and resources to become familiar with all the tools, services, and resources available to you.