Skip to main content

Quick Links

Related topics


The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)

To simplify the transfer process, the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities have developed the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).

Transferring to the University of Minnesota Duluth

  • If you complete the MnTC at a participating college or university, you have completed UMD's liberal education requirements.
  • Completion of the MnTC must be noted on the official transcript from your college or university. In order to receive credit, contact the Registrar's office where you may have completed the MnTC and request the notation be added to your transcript.
  • Send an official copy of your transcript to:

    Office of Admissions
    University of Minnesota Duluth
    25 Solon Campus Center
    1117 University Drive
    Duluth, MN 55812-3000

  • If you completed the MnTC at a UM campus you do not need to send a transcript.

Transferring from the University of Minnesota Duluth to another Minnesota state college or university

  • Confirm your academic record reflects the completion of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum:
    • Click on "Generate a 'What-If' APAS report..."
    • Step 1 - Institution - Choose the "University of Minnesota Duluth"
    • Step 2 - College - Choose "College of Liberal Arts"
    • Step 3 - Degree Program - Choose "Minnesota Transfer Curriculum"
    • Step 4 - Review, then generate - Click on "Generate Report"
  • Satisfy the ten specified competencies and complete at least 40 MnTC credits. All competencies must be complete at the time a student transfers out of UMD, unless the student is transferring to another University of Minnesota campus. In this case, one competency may be completed at the other campus. Note: The MnTC competencies differ from the UMD liberal education categories. Completing UMD's liberal education program does not necessarily mean that the MnTC competencies are also complete.
  • You may get your transcript certified to reflect the MnTC completion at UMD.
  • Contact One Stop Student Services to request that the notation be added to your transcript.
  • After the notation is added to your transcript, request an official copy of your transcript be sent to your destination school.

Request an Official Transcript