Online Billing & Payment
The University of Minnesota Duluth offers online billing and payment of your student account bills (tuition, fees, housing, etc.). Online billing is the official means of generating tuition bills to all University of Minnesota students. This means that paper bills no longer exist for enrolled students.
The online billing and payment system will automatically send an e-mail notification to the student's U of M e-mail address when the bill is ready to be viewed online. Students will need their U of M Internet ID and password to login to view their billing statement. Authorized payers will need to use the login name and password provided by the University. Once logged into Online Billing, students can:
- View tuition bills online.
- View tuition billing and payment history online.
- Pay tuition bills online by automatically deducting the amount from a checking account, savings account or charging to a credit card.
- Download and print a copy of the bill for sending check payments via US Mail.
- Pay Online Now: Student
Authorized Guests can:
- View student's tuition bills online.
- View student's billing and payment history online.
- Pay student's tuition bills online by deducting the amount from a checking account, savings account or charging to a credit card.
- Download and print a copy of the student's bill for sending check payments via US Mail.
- Pay Online Now: Parent/Guest
Benefits and advantages of Electronic Billing:
- Convenient and easy
- Free service offered by the U of M when payments are debited from checking or savings accounts
- Saves time - no more waiting for the bill in the mail or waiting in line to make a payment
- Saves money - no more check writing or paying for stamps
- Private and secure
- Easy for parents and other authorized users to pay tuition bills
- Newly re-designed, easy-to-read tuition bill
- Online history of e-bills and e-payments
- Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week from anywhere in the world via the Internet
- Payments are posted immediately to your student account
Credit Card Payments:
- Credit card payments are only accepted through the student account
- We are unable to accept debit cards for electronic payment
- You or your authorized guest may make student account payments with a Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express credit card
- You will be required to pay a separate, non-refundable service charge of 2.75 percent of the payment amount at the time of each credit card payment
- The non-refundable service charge, assessed by our vendor, will appear as a separate item on your (or your authorized guest's) credit card statement
Please note that exemptions to electronic billing may be allowed by appeal.