Skip to main content


Suspension (financial aid and academic)

You may be suspended if you fail to meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) financial aid standards set by the Financial Aid Office, or academic standards set by your college. Both types of suspension are described here.

Financial aid suspension

If you do not attain the required cumulative GPA and/or credit completion ratio during your warning period, or exceed your maximum timeframe of 150 percent of the published degree credits required to complete your program, you will be placed on financial aid suspension. While on suspension you are not eligible for most financial aid programs. (Exceptions include some private loan programs. You must check with private lenders to determine if they offer loans to students not meeting SAP requirements.)

You must stop working if you have a Work-Study-supported job, unless your employer agrees to allow you to work without Work-Study funding.

You may attend the University, at your own expense, until you attain the cumulative GPA and cumulative credit completion requirement. To regain financial aid eligibility, your record must reflect that you have met these requirements. If you failed to meet these standards due to unusual circumstances, you have the right to appeal your SAP suspension status.

Academic suspension

If you have been suspended from the University, you are no longer eligible for any financial aid. Once you have been readmitted, you must complete the financial aid SAP appeal process. Your financial aid status and eligibility will be determined based on financial aid SAP standards through a review of your academic record.