Education Tax Benefits
This page is a resource for University of Minnesota students and their parents who may be eligible for education related tax benefits. Click on the links below for helpful information and resources.
- American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Lifetime Learning Tax Credit
- Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) - Formerly Education IRA
- Deduction for Higher Education Expenses
- Deduction for Qualified Education Expenses
- Education Savings Bond Program (United States Savings Bonds)
- Employer Provided Educational Assistance
- Higher Education Tax Credits Fact Sheet
- IRS Publication 970
- IRS Form 8863
- Qualified Tuition Program
- Quick References/Useful Contacts
- Required Fees Defined
- Student Loan Interest Deduction
- University of Minnesota FAQ on Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement
- Withdrawals from Traditional or Roth IRAs
The University of Minnesota does not provide personal tax advice. To determine your eligibility for a higher education tax credit, a student loan interest deduction or a deduction for qualified education expenses, please contact a personal tax advisor or the IRS.
To view some of this information you need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer and properly configured for your web browser.