Verify Enrollment Status, Degree, & GPA
The University of Minnesota Duluth, along with the National Student Clearinghouse, provides electronic verification of student degrees and enrollment to employers, employment agencies, credit card companies, background search firms, and various other businesses that offer products or services based on an individual's status as an enrolled student. This information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at www.studentclearinghouse.org, or call (703) 742-4200, M-Th 9am-7pm, or Friday 9am-5pm Eastern Time. Note: The National Student Clearinghouse does charge a fee for enrollment verification and degree verification.
Enrollment Verification Letter
An enrollment verification letter provides official proof of your University enrollment. You may need to certify your enrollment for student loan deferment, insurance discounts, or for requests related to your scholarships or your visa.
A verification letter can include any of the following:
- Your enrollment (for all terms or only the most recent term)
- For each term, your enrollment will be listed as full-time, 3/4-time, half-time, less than 1/2-time, or no units
- Cumulative GPA and credits (for all terms or only the most recent term)
- Expected graduation date (provided by the student)
- Degree/Certificate awarded
- Degree GPA (GPA as of the date your degree was conferred; available only for undergraduate degrees)
Access your Enrollment Verification letter
Students may access and print their Enrollment Verification from MyU: Academics.
- Select the Enrollment Verification link from the Enrollment Tools section
- Choose the information you would like to include in your Enrollment Verification
- Submit your request to view or print
- To request that the University send your enrollment verification to a third party, choose the “Request Institution to Mail” option from the drop-down menu and include the third party’s contact information
Request an Enrollment Status Verification letter
Download and submit the Request for Verification.
- Requests are free and processed in 2-3 business days.
- Make requests to One Stop Student Services in person, by mail, or by fax.
Request Loan Deferment
If you have received a deferment form from your student loan lender, One Stop Student Services can issue you a verification letter. Submit your request to One Stop Student Services in person, by mail, or by fax. More information about deferments and other exceptions to the definitions of full-time and half-time status is available at One Stop Student Services, 23 Solon Campus Center, by calling 218-726-8000, or via E-mail to email@example.com.