December 8, 2010
Susan Beasy Latto, Director, Media and Public Relations 218 726-8830 email@example.com
UMD to Host Division II National Football Semifinal Game
December 11 at 5 p.m.
UMD Bulldogs vs N.W. Missouri State Bearcats
Nationally Televised Live by CBS College Sports HD
Everyone is Invited to Fill Up the Stands and "Turn Up the Heat"
Everyone is invited to fill up the stands and "Turn Up the Heat" at Malosky Stadium on Saturday, December 11 as the UMD 2008 Division II National Football Champions play the 2009 defending national champions-Northwest Missouri State in the Semi Final Game. The 5 p.m. game will be nationally televised live by CBS College Sports HD, and decides which team goes to Florence, Alabama for the championship game.
With a 13-0 record, UMD is the only undefeated Division II football team in the nation.
The December 11 game will be a rematch for the two teams of the 2008 National Championship game--which UMD won 21-14.
UMD's theme is "Turn Up the Heat" and fans will be treated to free hand warmers, free hot chocolate, and a cozy warming area. Of course, Santa Claus and Champ will be on hand to support the team, greet the fans and be a part of history.
Some Remarkable UMD History Is Being Made--as Well as Some Firsts:
- This is the first time in UMD football's 68-year history that UMD will host a semi-final game
- It is a high-stakes game against two defending National Champions, Northwest Missouri State (2009) and UMD (2008)
- This is the second time UMD football has participated in the semi finals.
- UMD has set a school record this year with 7 wins and no losses at home games
- It is the second time UMD has won 13 games in a season.
- This is the latest time in the year UMD has ever hosted a football game
- This is Northwest Missouri State's 6th straight semi-final game
WARM UP AFTER THE GAME
Your Football ticket and $1 gets you into UMD Men's Basketball game at 8 p.m.--Romano Gym
UMD 2010 Football Team---Honored At Half-Time