October 22, 2009
Susan Beasy Latto, Director, UMD Public Relations 218 726-8830 email@example.com
Rod Lievano, UMD Labovitz School of Business & Economics 726-8883 firstname.lastname@example.org
UMD TO HOST FALL CONFERENCE
ON SUSTAINABLE OPERATIONS
UMD will host an open conference on the subject of Inquiry of Sustainability Operations (ISO) on Tuesday, October 27 from 12 noon to 4 p.m. in the UMD Kirby Student Center Rafters. The group is part of a University of Minnesota Interdisciplinary Group formed to study methods for a sustainable future.
The conference will address the challenges, questions, approaches, and progress on
sustainability focusing on specific operations in diverse contexts--ranging from communities to health care, tourism, universities, and production.
The forum is open to all interested parties. No registration is required. Refreshments will be served.
- Introduction - R. J. Lievano, UMD School of Business and Economics
- In Communities - Gerald J. Niemi UMD-NRRI and UMD Biology Department
- In Tourism - Ken. Gilbertson UMD Center for Environmental Education
- In Education - Mindy Granley UMD Sustainability Coordinator
- In Health Care - J. Klingner UMD Health Care Management
- In Manufacturing - Emmanuel Enemuoh UMD M&IE Department
- In Development - Okey Ukaga, Director, Northeast Minnesota Sustainable Development Partnership
The conference is made possible by a grant from the Northeast Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
For further information, please contact Rod Lievano at email@example.com