December 10, 2004
Susan Beasy Latto, Director, UMD Public Relations, (218) 726-8830, email@example.com
June Kallestad, Natural Resources Research Institute (218) 720-4300
Chip Gardiner, (202) 225-6211
Oberstar, NRRI Officials and Berger Horticultural Products to
Announce Peat Development Project for Koochiching County
Congressman Oberstar will join officials from the Natural Resources Research Institute (NRRI), Koochiching County and representatives from the Berger Horticultural Products Corporation on Tuesday, December 14 to announce the completion of the permitting process to allow Berger Horticultural Products to develop a portion of peatlands in Koochiching County for the horticultural market.
"This has been a great public-private partnership, and I look forward to joining with the officials from NRRI, Koochiching County and Berger Horticultural on Tuesday morning at the NRRI research lab to discuss the details of this important project," Oberstar said.
- Peat development of Pine Island Bog in Koochiching County
- Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 9:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Natural Resources Research Institute University of Minnesota Duluth
5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth, Minnesota
Peat lab on the first floor
- Announcement of completion of permitting process to allow Berger Horticultural Products to develop a portion of peatlands for the horticultural market.
- Congressman James Oberstar, Michael Lalich, Director, Natural Resources Research institute, Kurt Johnson, NRRI researcher, Mike Hanson, Koochiching County Commissioner, Andreas Avenriep, Berger Project Coordinator, Doug Laubenstein, Berger Territory Sales Manager.
Additional Information: June Kallestad at NRRI at (218) 720-4300