Why We Exist
The University of Minnesota Duluth Alumni of Color Alliance was formed in 2008 in response to the need to celebrate and support the proud heritage of minority students at UMD. The mission of the Alliance is:
- Showcase the accomplishments of alumni of color
- Provide the conduit to support incoming and current students of color
- Assist the University in achieving a student population that is racially and ethnically diverse
Purpose and Objectives
- To promote the interests and welfare of the University of Minnesota Duluth through the advancement of the interests and welfare of alumni of color.
- To inspire, develop and nurture the interests of alumni of color at UMD.
- To help alumni of color strengthen and deepen the friendships, associations and interests formed as students at UMD.
- To foster giving to UMD consistent with the purposes of Alumni of Color Alliance.
- To develop and maintain close communication among alumni of color, all UMD alumni, students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- To establish a vehicle for the advancement of students of color into higher education at UMD.
If you are interested in leraning more about the Alumni of Color Alliance, please contact:
- Yusuf Abdullah
- Yia Yang
- Susana Pelayo-Woodward
- UMD Office of Cultural Diversity Director