Computing in the UMD Library
Basic access computing is available in the library on desktop PCs. Full access computing is available on the first and third floors of the library. Computers for guests are located on the first and second floors.
- PCs: Ninety-six Windows PCs are available on the first, second and third floors of the library. They provide e-mail, web browsing, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office and Open Office products as well as access to the following server-based databases: Ballet, NAICS, Research Insight, Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy and SciFinder Scholar.
- Macs: Twenty-eight Macs are available on the third floor of the library.
- One hundred eight ITSS-maintained Windows PCs are available in Lib 118, Lib 115, and the third floor.
- A complete list of the software available on these computers is found here.
- Community members may use guest computers, currently located on the first and second floors of the library. Wireless for guests with laptops is also available.
Printing: Printing from the library computers is handled at the UniPrint stations located on each floor of the library. Printouts cost 5 cents per page for 8.5 x 11 inch black and white. Color pages cost $1.00 per 8 x 11.5 inch page. Please see the map for printer station locations in the library. Additional printing information can be found on the ITSS web page.
Laptops: Wireless coverage and laptop jacks are located throughout the library. Some of these jacks are in various study carrels. There is also at least one jack in each of the study rooms. Please see the map for laptop connections.
Scanning: A small flatbed scanner is available for public use on the second floor of the library.
Adaptive Equipment Rooms
ITSS and the Access Center maintain three adaptive equipment rooms within the library: Lib 122, Lib 124, and Lib 126. For information on specific hardware and software available in each room and elsewhere on campus, see the Adaptive Software locations page.
For specific descriptions of the adaptive equipment hardware and software, please see the Adaptive Hardware and Software page for Disability Services and Resources.
Computers & Troubleshooting
How do I...
...report technical problems?
...see a list of common technical problems?
...authenticate (log in) on Library public PCs?
...learn about my Internet ID?
...learn about Find It?
...access UMD's wireless network?
...sign up for a guest computer?
...see maps of computers and equipment?
...find out about Technology Resources for Students?
...scan a document or photo & print it or email it?