Need a room to do group work in the library? UMD students can book a room in advance!
Even on the spur of the moment, you can stop at the Circulation desk and check out the key to any available room. Although faculty and staff cannot reserve a room in advance, they may check out a room key on a first-come, first-served basis.
The library offers 19 group study rooms, and 10 are bookable. See room descriptions to select a room that will accommodate the size of your group. Check room availability.
If your group plans ahead, you won't have to wait for a room to open up. However, if no rooms are available and you didn't book a room in advance, ask to be placed on a waiting list. We will provide you with a pager and call you when a room becomes available.
The group study rooms are for use by UMD students, faculty, and staff for studying and academic projects.
Users of the library are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the Student Conduct Code, the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Code of Conduct, and prevailing community standards.
Study Room Rules
1. A group study room key may be checked out for up to three hours and must be returned to the Circulation desk by the time due. If no other group has booked the room or is waiting for a room, you may check out the room a second time.
2. Rooms are not to be used for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings.
3. Fines are assessed at $1 each hour when the key is not returned on time.
4. When a key is lost or not returned, the individual who checked out the room is responsible for replacement costs. The lost item replacement fee is $100, and the associated processing fee is $15.
5. The following activities are not allowed in the group study rooms: painting, practicing music, partying, club meetings, using tobacco, holding office hours, teaching classes, conducting recruitment sessions, or engaging in activities that are disruptive to others.
6. Behaviors that will result in expulsion from a group study room include, but are not limited to:
• Disruptive behavior
• Threatening behavior
• Failure to adhere to Martin Library's food and drink policy
|Library Annex 250||6 people||chalkboard, 2 whiteboards, tackboard, wireless|
|Library Annex 255||6 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library Annex 260||6 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library 305||12 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 309||16 people||2 whiteboards, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 405||12 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 413||6 people||whiteboard, wireless, window|
|Library 470||8 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless|
|Library 478||6 people||large TV screen, whiteboard, wireless|
|Library 480||8 people||large TV screen, whiteboard, wireless|
Non-Bookable Rooms (First-Come, First Served)
|Library Annex 109||2 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library Annex 110||2 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library Annex 111||2 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library Annex 112||2 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library Annex 113||2 people||chalkboard, wireless|
|Library 313||6 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 472||6 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless|
|Library 474||8 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 476||6 people||whiteboard, wireless, window|