RefWorks Import Directions
ComAbstracts (BIBSYS (RIS Import Format))
- Do search. Mark citations by clicking on add to folder (opens a new window). To do more than one record, click back on search.
- In new window, check the citation(s) to save.
- At "Email checked items with detail (enter address below), arrow down to Download checked items in RIS format (for Procite, Endnote, etc.).
- Click Submit.
- For Firefox, click on Save File and OK. For Internet Explorer, at File Download box, click on Save. Save to the desktop or folder of your choice as a Text Document.
- In RefWorks, under "References", arrow to Import.
- At "Import Filter/Data source," select BIBSYS (RIS Import Format).
- At "Database", keep All Databases.
- At "Import Data from the following Text File", use Browse to locate the saved file and click on Open.
- Click on Import.
- In RefWorks, click on View Last Imported Folder to see citations added.
For more information contact:
Jodi Carlson Grebinoski - Reference Librarian
Page Updated: February 2014< Back