Jim Vileta, Business Librarian
Who am I?
As the Business Librarian for Accounting, Economics,
Entrepreneurship, Finance & Management Information Sciences, Health Care
Management, International Business, Management, Marketing, and the MBA Program,
I am responsible for developing library collections in these areas and recommending
electronic resources and library services to support the curriculum and research
needs of the UMD Labovitz School of Business
and Economics. I provide general
and specialized reference service, teach classes in how to identify, locate,
and evaluate sources of business information. I also compile the Business
Research Launch Pad and work closely with UMD’s Center
for Economic Development.
What can I do for you?
- Provide research assistance in-person, by e-mail,
phone or chat.
- Deliver customized class instruction on business
- Create online research guides for specific courses
- Take requests for purchasing books and media resources
- Consult with faculty on design of library related
Where can you begin learning about business?
Research Launch Pad is a great source of business information covering
over 70 topic areas. I would suggest starting with:
Where can you find me?
My office is L272, on the second floor of the Library.