Renewals can be requested, but are not granted instantly. Renewals are approved by the lending library, not by the UMD Library. Ask for a renewal through your ILLiad account 2 days prior to the due date.
- Log in to your ILLiad account.
- Under "View" click "Renew."
- Click the ILLiad transaction number, then click the red "Renew Request" button at the top of the form.
- After submitting the renewal request, please check the yellow status bar for a confirmation message.
- If the lending library denies the renewal, you will be contacted. Please return the material on or before the due date. You can submit a new request to re-borrow (it will come from a different library).
- If the lending library approves the renewal, your new due date will appear in your ILLiad Account under that particular transaction number.