Group Study Room keys are checked out from the Circulation desk on the first floor of the Kathryn A. Martin Library. UMD students and faculty/staff may reserve a room in advance by using "book a study room" from the home page.
Self-Booking of Group Study Rooms
1. To book a study room, use the calendar icon (pick a date) next to the date line under "Bookable" to select the date of your desired booking (if not today).
2. Choose a room that will accommodate your group that is not already filled in for the time desired, and click and drag your mouse to select your reservation (the time period must not exceed three hours).
3. Click the green "Book it!" button. You will be directed to sign in with your UMD Internet login and password if you are not already logged in.
4. Click "Continue."
5. Review the booking details. If everything looks okay, print the screen, or copy and paste the details for your records. Then click the "Submit" button.
6. You should see a message at the top of the screen saying, "Booking has been registered."
Room keys must be picked up within 15 minutes of the start of the reservation time.
To delete a booking, go to My Account. You may have only one booking at a time.
NOTE: Room L142 is a designated faculty group study room. It may be booked by faculty, but not by students. If other group study rooms are full, a student may check out the faculty study room if it is not booked or in use at that time.
The Group Study Rooms are for use by UMD students for studying. See specific rules for group study room use.
L142 is specifically designated for faculty and staff use.
Exceptions to the intended uses of the Group Study Rooms will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests should be addressed to the Circulation Services Manager.
Users of the Library are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the Student Conduct Code, the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Code of Conduct, and prevailing community standards.
1. Each group study room is checked out for three hours and may be renewed once, if the room is not booked by a different user. During finals week and the weekend preceding finals week, no renewals are allowed.
2. Only designated study rooms may be reserved in advance. The remaining rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Exception: faculty/staff may book L142 only. If that room is in use, no other rooms may be checked out by faculty/staff, except by permission of the Circulation Services Manager.
3. A group study room may be booked up to six months in advance. An individual may have only one booking at a time.
4. Rooms are not to be used for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings.
5. The key must be picked up within 15 minutes after the time for which the room was reserved. After that time, the reservation is void and the room may be checked out to a different person.
6. Fines are assessed at $1 each hour when the key is not returned on time. Even if the key is only 15 minutes late, a full $1 fine is assessed.
7. When a key is lost or not returned, the individual who charged out the room is responsible for replacement costs.
8. Only the person who reserved a room may check out the room key. One person may not reserve rooms under the name of a different individual. If you have forgotten the number of the room you have booked, you may look it up under My Account or ask a Circulation employee for the number.
9. The following activities are not allowed in the group study rooms: painting, practicing music, eating, partying, club meetings, using tobacco, holding office hours, teaching classes, conducting recruitment sessions, or activities that are disruptive to others.
10. Behaviors that will result in expulsion from a group study room include, but are not limited to:
• Disruptive behavior
• Threatening behavior
• Failure to adhere to the Library’s food and drink policy
Bookable Study Room Descriptions
|Library Annex 255||6 people||chalkboard|
|Library Annex 260||6 people||chalkboard|
|Library 142 - Faculty/Staff||8 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless|
|Library 239 - Faculty/Staff||12 people||Large TV screen, whiteboard, tackboard, wireless|
|Library 305||12 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 309||16 people||2 whiteboards, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 405||12 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 413||6 people||whiteboard, wireless, window|
|Library 470||8 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless|
|Library 480||8 people||whiteboard, wireless|
Nonbookable Study Room Descriptions
|Library Annex 109||2 people||chalkboard|
|Library Annex 110||2 people||chalkboard|
|Library Annex 111||2 people||chalkboard|
|Library Annex 112||2 people||chalkboard|
|Library Annex 113||2 people||chalkboard|
|Library 313||6 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 472||6 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless|
|Library 474||6 people||whiteboard, tackboard, wireless, window|
|Library 476||6 people||whiteboard, wireless, window|
|Library 478||6 people||whiteboard, wireless|