Library Instruction Lab Use PolicyUMD Library and Information Technology and Services
Statement Proposed 7/18/01
The primary function of
Library Instruction Labs 115 and 116 is to serve as computer instructional
space for University faculty and staff. The secondary function of the labs
is to serve as ITSS Student Full Access Labs. External users can only use
the rooms during January break, spring break, and summer months.
Description of Labs
- Physical Layout
- 28 student seats arranged in a traditional lecture style (rows)
- 1 instructor station
at the front of the room
- Equipment (same in
- PCs with MS 2000 Pro operating system at student stations
- PC with MS 2000 Pro operating system at instructor station
- SunRay at instructor station (graphic terminal running applications on a campus SunRay server.)
- Laptop connection at instructor station (a display vga cable and an ethernet cable are supplied)
- Amplified lectern with attached microphone
- Wireless microphone system can be checked out at Library Circulation desk
- Overhead computer projector w/ remote control, a switchbox controls the video source that can be viewed at the instructor station and project at the front of the room
- Pull-down projection screen
- Standard mouse and keyboard at instructor station
- Cordless mouse and keyboard at instructor station
- Wall-mounted white board
- Printer at instructor station (accessed via UMD's Pharos/UniPrint server)
- Dedicated UniPrint station (users locate and "release" jobs to the printer)
The software available in L115 and 116 is the same software that is available on the computers in the ITSS Full Access Computer Labs. Please note that the library instruction labs have only PCs - no Macintosh computers.
Food and drink are not allowed in the labs at any time.
Reservations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. An exception is that the Library's Reference Team has priority scheduling of the Library Instruction Labs 115 and 116 for one- to two-week period near the beginning of each academic semester so they can meet their College Writing instruction obligations.
Please submit a reservation request for rooms L115 and L116 at least one week in advance when using the standard software set-up. Uses requiring custom software installation should be scheduled at least three weeks in advance. L116 is scheduled first.
You must submit
a separate reservation request for each use of the room that you wish to schedule.
An e-mail will be sent to you to confirm your reservation(s).
All customers are charged fees according to an established fee schedule. A cancellation fee will be charged if the Library's Administration Office does not receive 10 working days advance notice that an event is cancelled or rescheduled. In addition, the customer will be charged for any preparatory work done by ITSS staff in obtaining and/or preparing the lab(s) for custom software installation.
When usage of the Instruction Labs exceeds time scheduled, users will be charged increments of the corresponding one-hour fee.
Internal Customers (can supply a valid EFS number for billing)*
|Internal customer cancellation fee||$20.00||$50.00||$100.00||Straight time|
Customers (cannot provide a valid EFS number for billing)
|External customer cancellation fee||$40.00||$100.00||$200.00||Straight Time|
*AFSCME and UEA will be billed at the internal customer rate even though they do not have an EFS number.
External users can only use the Library Instruction Labs during January break, spring break, and summer months.
Library Instruction Labs L115 and L116 double as student full access labs. When the labs are not scheduled for a specific use they are available to students who have paid their full access lab fees.
The Library and Information Technology Systems & Services jointly administer Library Instruction Labs 115 and 116. Responsibilities are divided between the two departments.
- ITSS is responsible
- Maintaining, upgrading, and repairing equipment and furnishings in L 116
- Covering the cost of all internet connections and necessary guest accounts for L 115
- Providing technical support and laboratory consultants for both labs
- Providing accounting support
- Providing software through the lab server for both labs
- Providing printing
services for both labs
- The Library is responsible
- Covering the cost of all internet connections and necessary guest accounts for L 116
- Scheduling the labs using Corporate Time calendar
- Serving as the initial contact