Kathryn A. Martin Library
Instruction Lab Use Policy
Kathryn A. Martin Library and Information Technology Systems & Services
Make a reservation for Library Instruction Labs KAML 115 and KAML 116
The primary function of Library Instruction Labs KAML 115 and KAML 116 is to serve as computer instructional space for University faculty and staff. The secondary function of the labs is to serve as ITSS Student Full Access Labs. External users can only use the rooms during January break, spring break, and summer months. .
Description of the Labs
- Physical Layout
- 28 student seats arranged in a traditional lecture style (rows)
- 1 instructor station
at the front of the room
- Equipment (same in
- PCs with Windows 7 Enterprise operating system at student stations and instructor station
- Laptop connection at instructor station (a display vga cable and an ethernet cable are supplied)
- Overhead computer projector w/ remote control, a switchbox controls the video source that can be viewed at the instructor station and project at the front of the room
- Pull-down projection screen
- Standard mouse and keyboard at instructor station
- Cordless mouse and keyboard at instructor station
- Wall-mounted white board
The software matches the software in the ITSS Full Access Computer Labs. KAML 115 and KAML 116 have PCs - no Macintosh computers.
Food and drink are not allowed in the labs at any time.
Reservations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. An exception is that the Library's Reference Team has priority scheduling of the Library Instruction Labs KAML 115 and KAML 116 for one to two weeks near the beginning of each academic semester for College Writing instruction.
Please submit your reservation request for KAML 115 and KAML 116 at least one week in advance when using the standard software setup. Custom software installation should be scheduled at least three weeks in advance. KAML 116 is scheduled first.
a separate reservation for each use of the room that you wish to schedule.
An e-mail will be sent to you to confirm your reservation(s).
All customers are charged fees according to an established fee schedule. A cancellation fee will be charged if the Library's administration office does not receive 10 working days advance notice that an event is cancelled or rescheduled. In addition, the customer will be charged for any preparatory work done by ITSS staff in obtaining and/or preparing the lab(s) for custom software installation.
When usage of the Instruction Labs exceeds time scheduled, users will be charged increments of the corresponding one-hour fee.
Internal Customers (can supply a valid EFS number for billing)*
|Internal customer cancellation fee||$20.00||$50.00||$100.00||Straight time|
Customers (cannot provide a valid EFS number for billing)
|External customer cancellation fee||$40.00||$100.00||$200.00||Straight Time|
*AFSCME and UEA will be billed at the internal customer rate even though they do not have an EFS number.
External users can only use the Library Instruction Labs during January break, spring break, and summer months.
Library Instruction Labs KAML 115 and KAML 116 double as student full access labs. When the labs are not scheduled for a specific use they are available to students who have paid their full access lab fees.
The Library and Information Technology Systems & Services jointly administer Library Instruction Labs KAML 115 and KAML 116. Responsibilities are divided between the two departments.
- ITSS is responsible
- Maintaining, upgrading, and repairing equipment and furnishings in KAML 115
- Purchasing & managing computers in KAML 116, billing the library for the purchase price of the computers
- Providing technical support and laboratory consultants for both labs
- Providing accounting support
- Providing software through the lab server for both labs
- Providing printing
services for both labs
- The Library is responsible
- Scheduling the labs using Google Calendar
- Serving as the initial contact