Characteristics of a Successful eClass Participant
- Open minded and willing to participate
in their learning experience. An online student must assume
an active role in their own learning process and understand
that this is an important characteristic necessary to succeed.
- Comfortable communicating through writing.
Virtually all communication in the online classroom occurs
in writing and it is important that online students are willing
to express themselves in writing.
- Willing to share experiences as part of
the learning process.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined. While
online classes provide students with the convenience and
flexibility to attend eClasses from almost anywhere, there
is an added level of student responsibility to maintain the
pace of the course work and to complete assignments on time.
- Trusting of the online learning experience.
To be successful an eClass student is aware that high quality
learning can occur outside of the traditional classroom.