Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing ITSS to service your computer equipment. Please review our terms and conditions and let us know if you have any questions.
- Processing Time
- ITSS makes every effort to service your equipment in a timely manner. Our TechCenter is managed by full time ITSS personnel and staffed by part-time UMD student workers. This allows us to provide service at competitive rates, but does mean that processing time is dependent upon the current volume of work as well as the availability of both staff and parts.
- Following are our estimated turnaround times. Please note that these are estimates and we cannot guarantee that service will be completed within these times. University holidays and semester breaks may add additional time to your repair. University-owned equipment is given priority over personal equipment.
- General Support/Repair - 2-5 business days (Mon-Fri)
- Special Parts - 5-7 business days (Mon-Fri) or more dependent on availability of parts
- iPod Repairs - 10-15 business days (Mon-Fri) plus shipping time
- Data and Software Backup
- ITSS recommends that customers maintain a complete and regular backup of all data files. Data backup is only completed if specified by the customer on the check-in worksheet. For units with corrupt or damaged system software, data backup or recovery may not be possible and will be noted on the final work ticket. ITSS assumes no responsibility for lost or corrupted software or data files and makes no guarantee that corrupted data can be recovered and/or restored.
- Software / OS Installs
- Software programs cannot be backed up and will need to be reinstalled in the event of a complete operating system re-install. For University-owned computers, we are able to reinstall Microsoft Office, Windows, and Mac OS from our campus agreement licensing. For all other software, including software downloaded from OIT, customers will need to provide their original discs and product keys/licensing information.
- At the time of check-in, customers should provide ITSS with accessories such as power adapters and software installation media (OS and/or application software). Failure to provide these items at the time of check-in may delay turn-around times for repairs.
- Status Updates
- ITSS may need to contact customers via email or phone to resolve questions, time lines, or other issues. Please provide current information on the check-in form. For status updates or questions, call 218-726-8847.
- Pickup Information
- You will receive an automated email from ITSS when your unit is ready to be picked up. Please pick up equipment within 14 days of completion.
- For University equipment: Payment may be made via our EFS system. Customer is responsible for providing a complete and accurate EFS chart-field string. Billing is completed on a monthly basis.
- For personal equipment: Payment may be made in cash, check, credit card or charged to your student account. After 45 days, unclaimed equipment will be shipped at the owners expense to the address on record and any unpaid bills will be charged to the student account or billed to faculty and staff through an external billing process in the PeopleSoft financial system.
- ITSS guarantees all hardware repairs for 90 days (labor) and the manufacturer's warranty period (parts). There is no warranty on parts not supplied by the ITSS TechCenter. There is no warranty for software repairs such as spyware/malware removals.
Revision: 8.15.12 sab