TechCenter Services and Fees
Computer Maintenance Services and Fees (2013-2014 Academic Year)
Computer maintenance services are available for current UMD students, faculty, staff, and departments. Most TechCenter support services are charged based upon the amount of time a technician works on your computer. Any computer or device checked in for service is assessed a minimum charge of 1/2 hour at our current labor rate.
- For University-owned equipment:
- Current hourly rate is $50.50. Parts are charged at cost plus any shipping fees.
- Payment may be made via our EFS system. Customer is responsible for providing a complete and accurate EFS chart-field string. Billing is completed on a monthly basis.
- Unclaimed equipment will be delivered at the department's expense to the University address on record and any unpaid bills will be charged to the department's EFS account.
- For personal equipment:
- Current hourly rate is $59.00. Parts are charged at cost plus shipping, handling and tax.
- Payment may be made in cash, check, credit card or charged to your student account.
- After 45 days, unclaimed equipment will be shipped at the owners expense to the address on record and any unpaid bills will be charged to the student account or billed to faculty and staff through an external billing process in the PeopleSoft financial system.
ITSS staff can provide or facilitate warranty repair service for Apple, HP and Dell computers. We are also authorized to provide warranty repairs covered by an extended CPS warranty. For warranty repairs:
- Parts are covered by supported vendors during warranty period.
- Labor coverage is dependant on vendor contract.
- A copy of the original invoice/receipt and/or warranty is required.
ITSS TechCenter Check-in Services and Rates (2013-2014 Academic Year)