TechCenter Services and Fees
On Site Delivery & Set up Service
Select "Delivery Service" as an option with any work done at the TechCenter. When your computer is ready to go, an ITSS staff person will contact you to schedule a delivery time. We'll deliver the workstation to your office and make sure you are ready to go. Service includes:
- Pick up computer from TechCenter and deliver to customer's office (on-campus sites only)
- Unpack and set up computer.
- Attach and configure basic accessories (monitors, docking stations, wireless mouse).
- Verify computer has network access and customer can sign in to computer (AD or local account).
- If on AD, ensure customer has access to N: and P: network drives.
- If on AD, verify that SCCM is working properly.
- Install and configure local and/or network printers.
- Verify access to email. (Configure Outlook/MacMail/Thunderbird for non-Google employees.)
- If data was backed up, ensure access to all data.
- Verify that standard software suite is installed and functioning (Office, Symantec).
- As time permits, assist with installation of additional University software provided customer has media and license.
Service does not include:
- Physical installation of keyboard drawers, monitor stands (contact Facilities Management).
- Network jack installation or activation (complete the Network Service Request prior to the delivery service)
- Data transfer from old computer to new computer (this should be scheduled ahead of time).
- Installation/configuration of specialized hardware and/or software.
- Delivery to off-campus sites (Chester Park, TechVillage, NRRI, DECC, Glensheen, LLO) or customer homes.
Rev: 8.12 sab