SPSS Site License for Students
For 2012, UMD students are eligible for SPSS under the extended UMD Student Site License. The UMD Student Site License for SPSS 20 is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers and provides the following modules:
- SPSS Base
- Advanced Models
- Regression Models and Tables
If you are a student (undergrad or gradudate) in CEHSP, CLA or LSBE, you can download your copy of SPSS from the ITSS web site at no cost (the collegiate units have paid the license for these students). All other students may purchase SPSS at reduced cost by visiting the ITSS TechCenter in Kplz 165.
Downloading and Installing SPSS
Follow these basic instructions to download and install SPSS. (For a step-by-step version of these instructions, see: Downloading and Installing SPSS v20.)
- Uninstall any previous versions of SPSS on your computer.
- Go to this web page to download the software:
[ UMD SPSS Software ]
You will be asked to authenticate with your University Internet
(email) ID and password to determine if you are eligible to download SPSS. To be eligible, you must be registered in CEHSP, CLA or LSBE, or have paid the $40 fee at the ITSS TechCenter.
- On the "Download Software" window, check the version of SPSS you need (Windows or Mac) and then select Submit to continue.
- On the "Ready to download" window, select "Click here to download SPSS."
- When prompted, select "Save file" to save the file to your computer. Note the name and location of the saved file.
- After you have successfully downloaded SPSS, check your email for a message from "firstname.lastname@example.org." This email will contain the current SPSS Authorization Code (which you will need below).
- Find the location of the downloaded SPSS/PASW file and select Open or Run.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install SPSS.
- On the License screen, select "Site License (My organization purchased the license and my adiministrator gave me a code.)".
- On the Product Authorization window, select "License my Product Now." When prompted, type in the Authorization Code you received in the email from "email@example.com."
- For questions or problems downloading or installing SPSS:
- ITSS Help Desk / TechCenter
Kirby Plaza 165
- For questions about performing a particular task or analysis in SPSS:
- SPSS Technical Support
Some SPSS support services require a registration and login. Registration is available at: